[Ep 4.02 & 4.03 thoughts]Ep 4.02 - Survivors
- I felt really bad for the Troubled-Person-Of-The-Week. That's a heavy load to bear. :(
- I really love Jennifer. Maybe because she's so cute she actually manages to push my very minimal maternal-instincts-buttons. I really just want to get her the hell out of Haven before she goes the way of all the other women who get too close to the OT3. LOL
- Duke's story about the Troubled kid who broke his arm: "I carried him to the hospital. Then I went back to sledding. It was a good day." Bwah! Perfect analogy of how to live with the Troubles. ;D
- Dwight. Just...I'm just glad they added him to the show.
- Jordan. Hmmmm.....I think I'm going to share my Jordan thoughts on Ep. 4.03.
Ep 4.03 - Bad Blood
- Okay, I do love the pun of the episode title - "bad blood! Bad, bad blood! Down boy!"
- And, of course, the title is the same as one of the funniest X-files eps ever. Did anyone say in Haven say, "Well...I was drugged..." during this ep? ;D
- Poor Nathan. Everybody's punching bag. I do have thinky-thoughts about that, which I know are because (1) I'm not living in that universe (obviously), and (2) Nathan's my favourite (really; I adore him, all of his mistakes and bad judgment calls and all)(although my favourite meter is pretty much even among the OT3). Where was I? Oh, yes - my thinky-thoughts about Nathan being so hated.
I get it. I really do. And I have to remind myself that the characters are coming from an emotional place as opposed to my detached-observer place, but...seriously? They've been settling for the short-term solution for centuries...Nathan may have acted rashly, and YES, he did what he did for selfish reasons, but on the other hand, you can't tell me that convincing Audrey to sacrifice herself for the town ISN'T JUST AS BLOODY SELFISH (and yes, Jordan, I'm looking straight at you). This is exactly the same as chaining the virgin to a rock to appease the dragon rather than trying to get rid of the dragon.
- Okay, since I just ranted at the attitude, and picked on Jordan...I have a confession to make. In 4.02, I wanted to Gibbs!smack her because, let's face it, her last diatribe at Nathan was all woman-scorned and jealousy. ("It's all about her." Well, yes, Jordan, just like it's all about 'her' for you, too.) That said, in 4.03, I actually...felt sympathy for her. I KNOW!! i'm as shocked as anybody! But her last conversation with Nathan moved me. And she didn't even irritate me at all during the ep. I still don't agree with her, but I at least have some compassion for her.
- Speaking of compassion: Vince. Dave. OMG. I've spoiled myself, so I kinda wonder if I would have been sobbing like a baby if I hadn't already known Audrey/Lexie was alive and well? As it was, they both broke my heart, and I appreciated the fact that, in spite of their conflicts and disagreements, Dave was willing to go in alone, to spare Vince the pain. Families are complicated.
- Why are the Troubled so deeply ashamed of their Troubles? Some of them, yeah. But do you know how awesome it would be if you really could figure out how to control the weather? Miriam would make a fortune on outdoor weddings alone!! ;D
- Oh, Duke.
- I know there was more, but I can't remember it now, so I'll stop here. :D